Enhancing quality of life
Districts play a crucial role as local leaders who are on the side of residents. Our priorities are shaped by our understanding of and engagement with local communities. Districts protect and enhance quality of life by safeguarding our environment, promoting public health and leisure and creating attractive places to live, work and raise families.
The project group
Supporting Members – Cllr Doina Cornell, Cllr Joe Harris, Cllr Sarah Rouse
Chief Executive Leads – Yvonne Rees, Janet Waggott, Stuart Brown
Contact: DCN@local.gov.uk for further information
Our workplan priorities include:
- Continuing to build evidence and lobby government to allow districts to raise a prevention precept
- Seeking to influence and respond to the social care green paper to ensure the district role in reducing the burden on adult social care is fully recognised by the Government
- Building strong relationships with sector partners, including Public Health England and the NHS
- Continuing to promote the district role in place-based health and wellbeing; showcasing examples of community leadership, effective partnership working, innovative and sustainable provision of leisure facilities, maintaining high quality green spaces and supporting local cultural activities.
- Continuing to promote and encourage bids to relevant funding streams, including Sport England
- Promoting the work of the Healthy Towns and Villages Network