Districts ensure that no one gets left behind by tackling the complex needs of today whilst preventing the social challenges of tomorrow. We act at a scale where it is possible to solve problems rather than simply manage caseloads.
The project group
Supporting Members – Cllr Phil King, Cllr Marc Bayliss
Chief Executive leads – Andy O’Brien, Adrian Pritchard
Contact: DCN@local.gov.uk for further information
Our workplan priorities include:
- Ensuring funding for the Disabled Facilities Grant (DFG) continues to be delivered directly to district councils
- Continuing to influence government to ensure the funding for short term supported housing is not passported and is delivered directly to districts
- Demonstrating how districts are key to preventing and reducing the instances of homelessness and rough sleeping and ensure our best practice examples inform policy development.
- Ensuring that the new burdens introduced with the Homelessness Reduction Act (HRA) are properly funded by government for both short and long term
- Supporting members implementing the HRA by sharing best practice and encouraging government to promote examples and learning from “trail blazer authorities”.
- Support our members to ensure residents are living in homes free from hazards and landlords are complying with the required minimum standards of housing.