The District Councils’ Network Annual Conference 2020 is an essential event bringing leaders across the sector together to share, celebrate and advance the crucial work of district councils in creating better lives and stronger economies across the country. You can book at this link
Building on the success of previous years, the busy conference programme will include addresses from Ministers (invited), insights from partners, focused breakout sessions, and opportunities for networking.
Topics covered will include:
Hosted at Chesford Grange near Kenilworth, the event will be a two day overnight residential conference for Leaders, Portfolio Holders, Chief Executives, Senior Officers, Ministers, Civil Servants and other key local government stakeholders.
Last year’s Conference was rated as excellent by the 200 delegates, including many district council leaders and chief executives.
Event: DCN Annual Conference 2020
Venue: Chesford Grange, Kenilworth
Audience: Council Leaders, Leaders of the Opposition, Portfolio Holders, Chief Executives and Senior Officers.
- Sir John Curtice, Polling Expert, Professor of Politics, University of Strathclyde
- Mark Farmer, HMG Champion for Modern Housebuilding and Chief Executive, Cast Consultancy
- Peter Gladwell, Head of Public Sector Partnerships, Legal and General
- Dr Janice Morphet, Visiting Professor, UCL Bartlett School of Planning
- Sir Jonathan Porritt CBE, Founder Director and Trustee, Forum for the Future
- Rosamond Roughton, Director, Department for Health and Social Care
- Michael Wood, Head of Economic Partnerships, NHS Confederation
- Mark Lloyd, Chief Executive, Local Government Association
- Cllr James Jamieson, Chair of the LGA
- Jean Templeton, Chief Executive of St Basils and Chair of WMCA Homelessness Taskforce
- John Parmiter, Director, Future High Streets
- David Phillips, Associate, Director, Institute for Fiscal Studies
Further expected speakers:
Senior Ministers, shadow Ministers, Chief Executives, senior councillors and senior speakers from the Local Government Association.