Current DCN Events
Every year the DCN runs a number of events to promote the role of district councils, inform our members about the latest developments in government policy and providing networking opportunities. Please see below for a list of upcoming events, while if you are interested in past events you can find them at this link.
Event: DCN Annual Conference 2019
Date: 7th and 8th February 2019
Venue: Chesford Grange, Kenilworth
Audience:Leaders, Leaders of the Opposition, Portfolio Holders, Chief Executives and Senior Officers.
Price: £329+VAT (including overnight accommodation on 7th February)
Registration Link: https://lgaevents.local.gov.uk/lga/frontend/reg/thome.csp?pageID=219253&eventID=647&CSPCHD=00300100000007aaIpknMwCjHSH8JqFB7UlngCwnoesnqdMqE9
Built around the theme of ‘Delivering the Difference’ the event will showcase the crucial work of district councils as local leaders and place shapers, delivering the services that matter to our communities; driving growth, delivering housing and enhancing quality of life for our residents. The Conference will also look to the future with a focus on financial sustainability and explore the freedoms and flexibilities which would empower us to deliver even more for those we serve.
Topics covered will include:
- Housing Growth and Infrastructure
- Fair Funding and the financial challenges facing district councils
- Build Out review
- Environmental Health
- How residents view the services districts deliver
The DCN annual conference offers a unique chance to shape the role of districts by hearing from national leaders and contributing to the debate. This landmark conference – an overnight residential event, complete with conference dinner – will include keynote speeches from senior politicians and opinion formers. It will also involve best practice seminars for sharing knowledge and an unrivalled opportunity to network with your peers.
What are the details?
Cost: £329 + VAT per delegate including accommodation at the venue on the evening of Thursday 7th February and all meals for the duration of the conference.
Registration time (and lunch): from 12:00 on Thursday 7 February
Start time: 13.00 on 7 February
Finish time: 13:40 on 8 February (approx.)
Location: Chesford Grange Hotel, Warwick. The venue has excellent parking facilities and a short taxi journey from Warwick, Warwick Parkway and Coventry stations
You can book your place via the LGA website through this link, this was a sell-out event last year, so please book now to avoid disappointment via this link.
Please note that as the LGA administer this event, payments should be made to the LGA and not DCN.
Confirmed and invited speakers include:
- Senior Minister from Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Rt Hon Elizabeth Truss MP, Chief Secretary to the Treasury (TBC)
- Andrew Gwynne MP Shadow Secretary of State for Communities and Local Government
- Rishi Sunak MP, Parliamentary Under Secretary of State at the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government
- Mark Pawsey MP Chair of District Councils APPG
- Lord Gary Porter Chairman LGA
- Deborah Cadman OBE, Chief Executive, West Midlands Combined Authority
- Kelly Beaver, Managing Director, Ipsos Mori
Other speakers and the full agenda will be confirmed in due course.